Yesterday, I finished reading So This is Love by Elizabeth Lim. This was book six in my pile of books from my To Be Read shelf. You can read about those books here.
I found this to be helpful with my reading as it didn’t feel like my choice of books to read was so huge, I was able to choose a book to read when I had finished a book. There were a couple of other books I read while I was reading through this pile… but that didn’t matter. It gave me a place to start. I had no deadline, just some great books to read.
This means that my job today was to choose six new books to read. Here is my next pile:
The books in this pile are:
- The Secret of the Swords by Frances Watts & illustrated by Gregory Rogers – this is a chapter book that came from the local library book sale. I picked it up because it looked fun and in a similar genre to stories I like to write.
- All that Happened at No 26 by Denise Scott – a few years ago, I went to a writers festival on Phillip Island, pre-covid, and Denise Scott was one of the presenters. I enjoyed the sessions, so naturally bought a copy of her book. It has been sitting on my TBR shelf ever since.
- Escape from the Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz – this is Book 4 of The Descendant’s series. I’ve read the first three books and am looking forward to reading the next one.
- Authorpreneurship by Hazel Edwards – I bought this book around 4 or 5 years ago, and I started reading it at the time, however it got misplaced and I didn’t get very far. I found it when we moved house, however put it on my shelf instead of actually finishing it! I can’t wait to see what tips this books has for me as an author.
- The Jam Queens by Josephine Moon – this one hasn’t been on my TBR shelf as long as some of the others. I have enjoyed other books by Josephine Moon, and this one promises to be just as enjoyable.
- Name-Given by David McLean – David McLean used to run a writers group I went to and the kids and I went to the launch of this book. Both my kids read it and loved it. I have started it a couple of time, but then got distracted and didn’t finish it. Now is my chance.
The only thing to decide now is which book to read first… though I’m leaning towards one of the shorter ones as the last book I read was quite long.
Watch this space to see how I go.