Happy October! It’s my birthday month. This year is going by way too quickly.
September brought with it a lot of driving as well as not as much time as I wanted to read.
Here are the books I read during September:
- The Unlikely Heroes Club by Kate Foster – I have been waiting for this book and was super excited when it came into the library. This is another great story featuring autistic characters in a positive light.
- Bella’s Backyard Bullies by Samantha Turnbull – the second in the Unlikely Princess Club. I enjoyed this one more than the first. As well as a message of friendship, it also has a great lesson about bullying and how to deal with bullies.
- The Dragon in the Library by Louie Stowell & Davide Ortu – dragons and libraries, what’s not to love? This is a fun chapter book that has a great idea about dragons and their relationship to libraries.
- The Forgotten Bookshop in Paris by Daisy Wood – I listened to this audiobook. It took a while to get in to, however I am glad I persisted. It ended up being a good story with some good twists.
- The Chocolate Tin by Fiona McIntosh – I listened to this audiobook and really enjoyed this story set just after World War 1.
Another month with no picture books, and not as much time for reading as I hoped. I’m getting close to my goal so may need to increase the numbers!
How did you go during September?